Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
04-10-2004, 04:20 PM
I got a surprise call Thursday moring that my Platinum/Ebony/Roof arrived - I wasn't expecting it until later in the month.
Unfortunately, the dealer put the front plate bracket on even though I had asked it not to be (dang Illinois laws!). I am going to obtain some plugs painted the same color as the vehicle & remove the bracket (at least until I get pulled over).

Even though my manual skills were a bit rusty, I was able to refresh them pretty quickly (need to practice on hills some more - don't want to embarrass myself).
I drove around aimlessly for about 50 miles on Thursday night on a variety of different roads.

It's quite an upgrade from my old vehicle (2000 Olds Alero), so it's much more power than I am used to.
With this, it's hard to follow the break-in directions by keeping it under 70.

It is quite fun to drive, and I am getting lots of positive looks and comments - from people in BMWs to people driving beaters. I've even had to give the low-down to a few people that have stopped me in parking lots.

I haven't noticed any problems with the vehicle, it is shifting smoothly (at least as smooth as I let it!). I do hear the "woman signing" sound referred to in some other threads. Haven't quite nailed down where it is coming from yet.
Haven't noticed the oil temp issues - but I have been driving it fairly lightly so far.
I do need to clean it already, as the brake dust is quite noticeable and is blowing up onto the side of the car.

The nav system works great, I was given a heads-up on some traffic ahead by someone stuck in it and the first re-route took me right around it and to my destination more quickly. I even beat the other person there!

I am at about 200 miles, and had my first fill-up ($35 for 17 gallons).

I can't wait until it's properly broken in so I can drive it "for real".

aseales
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Got my V on Tuesday. I guess here in Canada we do things a bit differently. My car has just over 200 kms and has hit speeds in excess of 180 kms/hr. What break in period are you talking about. I have not experienced any of the problems that the reviews have mentioned (clucking gear shift, wheel hop, temp problems). Don't be girly and break your car in the Canadian way (foot to the floor!). Have fun, you've got a great car!

Stephen
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
If you have not experenced the wheel hop then you have not really pushed it yet. When you do, you will get it, we all have.

Mike
04-11-2004, 02:46 AM
I just did what the manual told me to do (page 2-21) :-P

I'll be at 500 quick enough, so I'll be at full force soon!

Just noticed it has a 17.5 gallon tank - maybe I should stop sooner next time, eh?

One last thing...when I called my insurance company to add the V - they said that my VIN didn't exist. Anyone else have this issue?

darrelld
04-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Great pics. The info screen has a fuel range option that works fairly well. One caveat, if you allow the low fuel warning to appear on your DIC and switch to the info Fuel Range option, the only info available is "Low Range".

Bill
04-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the club Mike!

Akula6
04-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Did you see any other CTS-V's on the road here? I live in Glenview/Northbrook and I have not seen another CTS-V besides mine anywhere yet. I have about 1700 miles on the car already and it is all black. Just wanna see one drive by so I know what it looks like from the outside. :)

aseales
04-11-2004, 03:32 PM
My insurance company recognized the VIN number and knew the difference between the CTS and the CTS V. The V was $600 CDN more per year than the CTS, and that's with a clean driving record.

TEAShea
04-11-2004, 04:37 PM
My insurance's local office could not find the V either, but when the bill came through from the home office, they charged me $500 for a year. This is the same as they charged me for my Accord.

T Shea

Mike
04-11-2004, 04:57 PM
I live in Arlington Heights...
Someone else at work in Schaumburg has had one since February, and I came across a doctor at a store in Rolling Meadows that had just pulled up in one.
They have Ettleson (Hodgkins) and Steve Foley (Northbrook) plate brackets.
I got mine from Patrick (Schaumburg).
All three are platinum...I know Partick has sold several black ones - in fact someone grabbed my saleman right after I took delivery!
Of course, there are CTS-vxi floating around too and they look fairly similar.

Mike
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
In case I decide to keep the front plate bracket...
Has anyone seen a chrome replacement like the enclised, but with the V logo?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index