Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

howpunyo
04-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Hello all,

I found a 2000 M Coupe that I want to buy, and the seller told me the warranty last till 100K miles, but didn't give the month and year the warranty would expire. Since the car only has 43000 miles, it would probably take me another 10 years to reach 100K miles, does that mean the warranty would be good for another 10 years? Is there a web site I can go to verify the warranty coverage for a used car?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

scytale
04-20-2004, 12:01 PM
If the car has BMW's CPO warranty then coverage can be verified by calling BMWNA or any BMW dealership. Keep in mind that CPO only covers 100K miles or two years, which ever is first. So it's unlikely you'll have a warranty in ten years.

If you have a third party extended warranty then you have to contact the seller and ask him to transfer the warranty to you. There is usually a fee involved and you have to do it within a certain time after the sale.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index