Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

caylpso
05-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Due to the crappy look of the OEM shift knob, it was time for a replacement. The eye sore is gone, thanks be, the eye sore is gone!

Momo racing ball does the trick and the reverse foab works fine. It was kind of a pain to get the old one off however, but well worth the effort.

J-Sprit
05-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Looks like you are shifting a golf ball now hahaha

IT matches the aluminum around the shifter good. Thumbs Up

alan
05-06-2004, 04:25 PM
--Alan

dickedup
05-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Apparently, my compadre had ordered it from England. The throw feels MUCH better than stock. It also has a turned aluminum knob, not quite as fancy, as your very interesting "microphone" design.

Anything beats that stock set-up. :)

caylpso
05-07-2004, 09:25 AM
No, I was too busy cussing. It's really not that difficult, it's just getting it disassembled. Some part you need to be careful with, some you need to be rough with, some you just need to nylon tye back into place and don't worry if the tabs get broken! Like once you pull the tabs up on the color-match plate, you have to autotape it back down. Also, getting the security button out is the most difficult part of the whole process. After the button is out, the rest is a breeze. Just get the shifter out of the transmission assembly and hammer the old ball off.

PJ
06-05-2004, 01:58 AM
It looks like you hooked up the A/C to the shift knob. That would be a "cool" idea actually.

dickedup
06-10-2004, 11:38 PM
It's bugged me enough to antagonize my compadre to get a shorty replacement for his car. And good thing, I bought the Esprit from him years later.

Did'nt go crazy nub-like, a'la a TVR 3000, but more in keeping with the sportiness of the vehicle.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index