Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : stuart, how does your XJ8 compare

RickKap
05-08-2004, 03:49 PM
with the 745i you had in every area?

just curious

CPABLUM
05-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Hmmm...the 745Li certainly had more leg room in the rear and felt like a heavier car. The XJ8 is prettier, more nimble, lighter feeling, but not as sure footed, especially at very high speeds. In the XJ8, EVERYTHING WORKS! The car has been absolutely flawless, except perhaps some out of round rotors that I'm aware of, again, when breaking heavily from high speeds. I enjoyed the cavernous trunk space in the 7 and the full autoclose feature, liked the leather better in the 7, frankly liked the ride a lot better...WHEN IT WASN'T IN THE SHOP!

I love the XJ8 for its ease of use, creature comforts and such, but miss that riding on rails feeling. I hate to tell you this, but truth be told, I'm selling this absolutely perfect car (anybody interested? It's a steal!)becaase I'm bored. I'm working on a 2004 911 C2, possibly ordering a 2005. Any opinions? I don't really need a four door sedan any longer, and miss that autobahn feeling...

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index