Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : It looks like the XJ8

GSDPack
05-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Hello again everyone. I first want to thank everyone for their assistance in both posts and e-mails. It appears that we will be making the final decision this weekend (of course Ill believe that when she decides).

The most recent lease offer on the Jaguar site has a thirty-nine month/30,000 mile lease on an XJ8 for $729 a month ($60,495 base car). The mileage will not be a problem as we only commute thirty miles a day round trip and will be using the 2000 Suburban once a week to be certain it is running properly. I called the dealer and they said that they could perform a search for the vehicle with the features that she wants and the lease price would be adjusted accordingly.

I priced out the car the way she wants it and came out with:

Base $55,110.00 $60,495.00
Navigation $1,955.00 $2,300.00
Voice $1,870.00 $2,200.00
Audio $1,360.00 $1,600.00
Delivery $665.00 $665.00
Total $60,960.00 $67,260.00

Using the same lease pricing with the car that she wants I am estimating a lease price of about $815 without title, tax, etc. He also quoted about 40% residual at the lease end which would make the purchase then very attractive.

I think the Jag will be the car we get because as we were discussing the fact that the Lexus had more interior creature comforts and the Jag better styling and the fact she has always wanted a Jag. She made on last statement that to me was the most telling If we do not get the Jag this time, we probably never will. I never heard the statement If we do not get the Lexus this time, we probably never will.

I think a very revealing statement.

Well, I hope we are not rained out once again on Saturday and drag the search on for another week.

Thanks again all,

Lester

alan
05-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Post some pics when you get it!

--Alan

GSDPack
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks

The boss gets to pick the colors, I think she will go with the ebony exterior and the sand interior. I think she wants to go the classical color route.

I'll let her take some picures when she gets the car. She is definitely a gadget girl that is why she wants the voice assist.

Lester

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index