Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

syeh
06-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Hello, guys

I would like to change engine oil on my car myself without lifting the car, and I've heard a product called: LiguiVac from JC Whittney. I was wondering if anyone has used this kind of product before and how satisfied they are with it.

Thanks,

Greg
09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Why not lift the car for an oil change? I have two ramps that I bought at Walmart and drive it up on them with no problem. The filter is on top and in a very bad place. I had to buy a filter grabber piece that will attach to a socket set so I could remove the filter.
Way back when we had a big boat we used a oil pump. Greg

Mike Dwan
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Bought a used 1999 325 sedan with 57000 miles on it and paid the extra $1500 or so the warranty. After driving it about 5000 miles it began to burn about a quart of oil every other tank full of gas. Took it back to the dealer and they did an "oil consumption test" and proclaimed the problem solved. After driving it about another 3500 miles the dash lit up saying I was on the lowest safe level of oil. Went to the gas station and put in 2 1/2 qts of oil and found a light brown hand cream like substance on the oil cap and around the port. I wiped off the brown stuff and returned the car to the dealer. Dealer said not covered by warranty because MB says its normal for thier cars to burn 1 qt. per 600 miles and they were not going to attempt any repairs because it was not covered by the warranty. Dealer directed me to call MB wjich I did and was told they were going to back up the dealer so no deal. Called the dealer agaign and they told me to WRITE to MB and see what happened. I did that with no results. Called the dealer again and they said to pick up the car which I will do this Monday. The dealer thinks this is a MB problem but that they are only following MB instructions. A good frien d of mine thinks theree are techinical service bulliten dealing with this problem having to do with a sensor and the head gasket. Can anyone HELP??? How can I find the service bulliten???

Faisal_in_Laurel
01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Cappuchino like substance around the oil cap and port that is indicative of a leak in the head gasket (Coolant mixing with oil and fuel). Also check/smell the coolant for Gasoline smell or discoloration.

Does your oil look frothy or creamy as well on the oil Dipstick? If so, you definitely have a Head Gasket Leak.

I'd recommend that you get a compression test done to verify if or whre the leak exist and get it replaced.

My 1997 230 does not burn oil and I don't thing 1 qt /600 miles is not normal at all.

<p><b><font color="#008080"><a href="http://members.roadfly.org/faisal_in_laurel/Faisal.htm">1997 BMW 840Ci (For Sale Details).</a></font></b></p><p><b><i><font color="#0000FF" size="2">"I am no expert...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once."</font></i></b></p>

R.L. Gumm
03-31-2005, 06:44 PM
I live over an hour from the nearest MB dealer, and I drive a '95 C280. The 'Check Engine Light' came on a few days ago, and after checking all items that should or could be the cause, I'm of the notion that it must have been electronically triggered by the fact that the car just rolled over 101,000 miles. Can anybody give me list of those items that will trigger it, and once all items are checked and/or corrected, can you tell me where the 'reset' button is (or whatever other method may be used to reset it)?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index