Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Info on replacing/refinishing 20-inch Sepang?

alan
07-06-2004, 01:42 PM
My parents have the 20-inch Sepangs on their XJR. I talked to them last night on the phone, and apparently over the weekend my mom banged one of the wheels pretty hard and damaged the outer polished rim.

The wheels appear to be a multi-piece design. Is that true? If so, can the outer polished rim be replaced without having to buy a whole new wheel?

Has anyone else had to have a Sepang repaired/replaced?

If they do end up needing to buy a new wheel, does anyone have any advice on where to get a good price? Jaguar dealers tend to vary, and I'm sure there must be some that are willing to sell it for a good discount.
--Alan

PaulNeko
07-07-2004, 11:35 AM
It might be tough to find a new Sepang other from a dealer right now as that wheel hasn't been out there that long. However wheels can be refinished and if bent even repaired. Companies like Wheel Collision and others can do amazing things with damaged wheels. I had my Penta wheel repaired on my old XJR and it came out perfect, no balancing issues. etc.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index