Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Robb Report: Car of the Year 2004

RickKap
08-21-2004, 05:56 PM
February, 2004 issue

The last two comments on the XJR are ridiculous, imo.

Moeshesa
08-24-2004, 04:33 PM
I would have to diagree with these last two comments as well. I remeber reading this article when it came out and thought "Here are two writers that definitly do not know what they are talking about". It's funny because if any thing the Jag has been acused of having style over function. I love my Mercs and BMWs but can you honestly say that they are more stylish. People who don't care about style drive Olds and Buiks not Jags. I bet these same guys think that a Cartier watch is for old people as well so I therefore disregard their opinions.

RHankey
08-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I guess we X350 owners and Jaguar should be happy that some magazine is handing out awards and attempting to give our model praise in comparison to others, even if their criteria, logic or comments seem somewhat questionable.

Doesn't sound like the writers spent much time getting to know or undertand any of the cars they gave awards to, as the BMW 6 series crowd also seem to be equally confused about some of the comments made about their model. It almost looks like the magazine just wanted to be seen associating with a number of fine cars to increase readership or as some form of paid advertising.

I'm not sure they're going to get me to subscribe or become a regular reader if they want to label me as being "elderly" since I own an XJ.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index