Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

QuestMCoupe
08-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I know all about BMWs but I'm looking for a work car and this 300D looks like it could be a good one. Should I look for anything in particular when checking out this vehicle? How many miles are too many? Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

C.D.02M.Diesel
08-25-2004, 05:53 AM
the information is alittle breif , but , that's the last year for the light weight W123 with turbodiesel power , and if that car does have leather interior ? , and it shifts correctly , and the the front suspension is tight, and the front and rear windscreen rubber seals don't leak water into the inteior , and the same usual rust issues as BMW , I'd say go for it , but take it to a Mercedes-Benz expert trained during that period of production. The trans shifting controls (linkage and vacuum system) can be real messed up and the auto trans if left to slip for long mileage can be worn out , - HAVE A MERCEDES-BENZ expert road test it for you . you can easily spend 1500 to make it drivable and the suspension is always an issue at that age and - what was the mileage ?
Water leaks into the interior are common .
Lift up all floor mats and look into the two side wells in the HUGE trunk .

Creighton

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index