Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : newbie with questions on a '74....help!!

Bill in MN
08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I am in the process of helping my cousin get his '74 V-12 fired back up after a long hiatus. It's been about 4 years since it was run and of course everything is wrong with it. It's leaking, gummed up, hoses shot....the whole nine yards.

My main concern is getting the carbs de-gunked and going from there. The manual he has is a joke. I'm a BMW nut now and while I've had numerous British roadsters in the past, nothing compares to the maze under the hood of this beautiful vehicle.

This is "one of those cars", Everybody's dream. 38k miles, original owner, always garaged etc. etc. etc. . In an effort to save the car is was parked which unfortuantly did more damage than good.

Any direction I could be steered would be great.

Thanks much

Bill Ruttger

Chris
08-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Well. so much to suggest. Some new petrol and an oil change would be a good start. Beyond that just get it running and see whats wrong.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index