Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

z4merlot
08-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Trade for an XJ8 from a BMW 525 ? Any thoughts?Merlot/beige/beige 2.5/ 5 speed/Premium/Convenience/Wood Trim/heated seats/foglights/beautiful wife in passenger seat

rebelreiver
08-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I have had my 04 XJ8 for a year now. I have enjoyed it very much and it has been a positive experience. very reliable..no issues. It is lots of fun to drive though not the handler that the 525 is. You should take one out on a test drive and see if the Jaguar is for you.

Al Carr
08-29-2004, 04:23 PM
I traded my '02 530i for an '04 XJR. No regrets at all. Much more car; technology is much better; more comfortable and MUCH faster. More impressive all 'round You're going to have go spend some time driving one. You'll make up your mind pretty quickly if you do that.

RHankey
08-30-2004, 01:32 PM
As rebelreiver and Al Carr indicated, a test drive of a new XJ should tell you pretty quickly whether a Jag is for you or not.

I traded a 92 vette (with 6sp manual) for a 04 XJ8-VDP, which has been absolutely problem free in the 4-5 months I've had it and I have been very happy with my buying decision. I sometimes miss a manual tranny (being first auto I've owned), but a manual would seem out of character in the XJ, and I also remember cursing a manual in stop and go traffic.

I'd guess that many people are drawn to Bimmer's and vettes for the sports car like driving qualities they exhibit.

The XJ certinaly handles and accelerates very well in sports car terms, but you quickly learn to enjoy that the car takes care of the details so you can relax while enjoying the scenery and finer points in life.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index