Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Seat Heater Retrofit

Ken Neff
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Is it possible to retrofit seat heaters to a 2001 C class that did NOT originally come with them?

tghaywood
12-15-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the dealer told my mother (who just traded her lemon '01 C240 for an '03 C240) that they could install the heated seats on her car if she wanted them. Since the new C already has the switch panel in place for the heated seats, there would be no need for a new piece of wood (like on older generation) to accomodate the seat controls, and I think the actual heating unit is really just a pair of pads that can be slipped in under the leather. I know, also, that you can buy some aftermarket seat heaters like this, though I wouldn't have the guts to try removing and refitting the seat covers myself.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index