Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bmwlotus
09-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I was checking out Autospies.com and noticed this article regarding the new Esprit (replacement). Sounds quite nice if true!

Here is the full writeup:

Dear 001,

Is this the Millennium Falcon, no, it's just the latest Lotus Esprit!

I recently caught a glimpse of the technical specification of the 2006 Lotus Esprit and it was talking about a maximum weight of 1000Kg car with a minimum 500-bhp engine (sorry, supplier was scribbled out on page).

To put that into perspective, Lotus expects the Millennium Falcon (as some insiders nickname the car) to be as fast as the Mclaren F1 road car. Thats 0-100 mph in under 7 seconds!

There will also be tamer models available, some with a comparatively weedy 400-bhp, but in typical Lotus fashion, even the top-of-the-line rocket ship will not cost astronomical money.

Can't wait to see Ferrari's face ...

Another rumour is that someone claims to have seen a current Jordan F1 gearbox lying around the plant. If thats true it would most likely have been attached to a 3.0-litre V10 Ford DFV engine, thats 800-bhp! Now how about a detuned F1 motor in road car, you just know Lotus are stupid enough to do it - and could probably make it work too.

WILL.I.AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index