Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

SMA
09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Dealer is delivering my '05 Super V8 (Black/Charcoal) Thursday... Soooooo excited as I didn't expect it to come in until October!!! Nedless to say I was very suprised! Question: Have any of you purchased the v60 telephone? ALSO, will Sirius Satellite Radio be an option in the '05 cars?

RHankey
09-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Very nice model. I trust your's will be as enjoyable and trouble free as my 04-VDP has been. My dealer was quick to discourage the Jag phone option, due to it's steep cost and limited N.A. providers (it's GSM based if I recall correctly). You might be better off spending a fraction of the dollars on having a bluetooth setup adapted for your car - if you troll the other roadfly Jag lists you'll find a few who have done so. I haven't heard anything to suggest that the 05's are get any different radios than the 04's - if so, then your only option will be to an FM adapter or make it available to back seat occupants only via the aux audio inputs that are in the center arm rest.

Last week, while getting my oil changed and ordering a set of spare wheels for winter the sales rep at my dealer was trying to interest me in the Concept 8, as at least 5 are apparently destined for Canada. Sounds like the huge moon roof is the only feature that won't make the production version.

Al Carr
09-22-2004, 08:31 AM
FWIW my dealer (Scott Jaguar, Charlotte NC) advised against the Jag phone option. Said it's too expensive -- and at ~$2200 I certainly agree! -- and that it doesn't work very well. For a few hundred dollars they will install a Motorola of some sort w/ cradle and hands free, but I just se my cell. You might see what your dealer has available there. As to the radio, my understanding is that the '05 radio is the same as the '04. If that's the case (and leaving aside the question of why in today's world an $80,000+ automobile does not come w/ satellite-ready radio as a matter of course)your only option is to install one. I had the XM put in, and it's great. It fits into the space occupied my the ashtray, is completely tied in to the radio, and works in concert w/ the nav system insofar as being interrupted for instructions etc. The antenna is mounted in the lower left corner of the windshield, tho I think I'm going to have it moved to the top of the rear window.
Al Carr
'04 XJR

SMA
09-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Well the new baby arrived! I usually am not a car person in the least, but for a sedan, I will always go with Jag from now on! From the 80's to '94 I owned Jag VDP sedans, and then switched to the Mercedes S500 (from '95-'99) before the dreaded redesign. Then I went to a '01 750iL. I have never had such a worthless piece of junk in my life... In the first 6 months, car broke down 4x (including in the first week), needed a new transmission, starter, steering column, nav computer, cd changer. The build quality was terrible, my phone (which I need for work) was a piece of crap that was always broken. In a word, when my lease was up in August, I literally parked the car in my street and told them to get it themselves because I want nothing to do with it. Their service dept. was rude, they wouldn’t acknowledge the major problems with this car. They even accused my driver of purposely breaking it!
When I heard Jag was coming out with their Super V8, I had to have a look. I had a great experience in the past with Jaguar of Great Neck / Roslyn in New York. The XKR I bought from them was a beauty and the service was top notch. They got me one of the first Super V8's and took the time to make me feel like a valuable customer (unlike BMWNA).
The build quality on this car was top notch! It drives beautifully and is VERY quiet at high speeds. I didn't know I was going over 90 on the highway! Radar assisted cruise control worked much better than the option I paid for in my SL500. Multimedia system in the back is great, along with power seats and 4 zone climate control. Sound system is wonderful. Controls are very easy to use. BMW just didn't get it... A car that is a push button nightmare isn’t luxury at all. Their design team needs to start copying Jag, cause the new 7er looks like a freak show!

All-in-all, I'm one happy customer!

RickKap
09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Congrats!

Do you have Michelin tires?

Do you have any pictures to post?

SMA
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Yup got the Michelin Tires, also 19" Chrome wheels. I know I'll probably have a doxen blowouts like I did with my 19" wheels on my XKR, but what can ya do!

Pics to come soon!

JMG1
09-30-2004, 01:08 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index