Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

vonfilm
10-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I am interested in finding a nice 300TD Wagon. A friend has tried to discourage me because of the difficulties and repair costs of the hydraulic rear suspensions on these models.

I have heard about the strutmasters.com conversion kit that replaces the stock suspension with coil over shock assemblies. The kit is $299.00 plus installation. Again my friend tells me this would be very expensive in labor to install and would not drive nearly as well as stock when it is completed.

Does anyone have any experience with this or similar conversions?

Also he says that the fuel injection pumps of older turbo diesels are internally scored and are prohibitively expensive to replace,repair or rebuild.

I am not a mechanic so I will have to pay labor for any work that is done. Still I am interested in one of the vehicles because of the cargo room and fuel economy. I would probably drive it about 25% of the time. For daily commuting I would be driving a 93 BMW 318ia.

What do you all think of the feasibility of this vehicle?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index