Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

732002drvr
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
I am looking for front brake options for e30/m3 strut towers... I have searched the archives without much luck.

Some info about my car... It's just a little ol' 325 es but I have recently finished my turbo I motor and by the end of the year should be pushing around 280-290 HP at the wheels. It has also recently been resurrected from the clutches parts car "status" so it is practically a fresh slate, ie everything will be new, not "upgraded". The purpose of the car is 95% track and auto-x usage...

With that in mind I only have the front suspension left to get sorted out. I decided to go with m3 strut towers to maintain the front suspension geometry vs doing the e36 route but I am undecided on what to use for brakes. The obvious choice might be to go with new e30/m3 calipers and rotors but I have read that e36 m3 calipers are a possible option.

Does anyone know if that is actually true? I understand they are larger (heavier) but at the moment that isn't my biggest concern. After the checkbook cools off I might be looking at something aftermarket but for now I have to keep things reasonably buget oriented...

So anyone, m3 e36 brakes, will they work??

bmw332i
10-21-2004, 09:29 PM
or use this link:

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index