Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Stardog
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
I have a heat problem. I am up here in Seattle and its cooling down here, so when I went out this evening in my 89 1/2 Esprit SE I had no heat. I looked up under the passenger side dash and it appeared as though everything is hooked up, but the mode flap actuator does not move. Can anyone tell me where the vacuum pump is? Thanks in advance.
Jon

Del-Esprit
10-24-2004, 06:42 AM
I believe your SE uses an electric vaccum pump situated in the ear luggage area or in the area in the rear panel behind the water header tank.
Pic of pump from my car
http://community.webshots.com/photo/85049453/204830985nkyJLJ

If you turn your ignition on but don't start the car you should hear a buzzing/pumping for a few seconds until pressure is built up. Not the fuel pump btw.

Does the fresh air/re-circ flap under front bonnet work as this would mean that pump/pipes are ok.

If you hear pump working I would check to make sure a pipe hasn't come loose at some point on it's run to the front. Very easy for someones foot to acidentally pull out of a T piece on of the pipes.

The pumps are becoming a little diccicult to find but I know that PNM engineering in the UK has sourced a possible replacement and has a couple of repaired units too

Del
95 S4s

Stardog
10-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Thank you Del. I looked around and I havent found my vacuum pump yet. It must be there somewhere. I do hear a noise when I first turn the car on, but it may be the fuel pump. I also checked and the other flap doesnt operate either. Anyway, Thanks for the advice.

Jon

godfrey
04-10-2005, 10:06 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index