Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : New XJ8 - Miscellaneous Observations

xkgr8
10-25-2004, 04:23 PM
I love the unique look and am fascinated with the high technology aluminum construction of the new XJ8 but I think Ford is doing Jaguar a real disservice by dumping so many of them in the rental fleets.
I just rented one from Hertz. It had 10K miles and was terribly beat up. The usual chips and dings all over the exterior. Large scuffs on the bumpers and a filthy and smelly interior.
The used value on these cars is going to be terrible. There are already over 200 of them on TraderOnline. Many with 16-19K miles and they are surely from the rental fleet. They frequently are priced under $40K - an incredible $20K plus drop for only a few months use. Jaguar's flagship sedan deserves better than this.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index