Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 2004 XJ8 Radio w/navigation system display

Ken Friedman
11-06-2004, 02:12 AM
I have the nav. and phone options on this car. When I program the radio it has the annoying habit of displaying either the call letters of the station of the name of the song that is being played at the moment I program the button. I would prefer to just display the frequency only or call letters only. Can any one help with this.

Real Tech
11-20-2004, 12:40 PM
You can turn off the RBDS function youself. Press and hold the am/fm buttonand the eject button at the same time. This will bring up the menu and you can select RBDS either on or off from there.

franc
02-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I have a new 2004 XJ8 with the DVD/Navigation system. I find it annoying to see the menu screen come up whenever I start the car. Is there a way to change the default so that the Jaguar Logo screen or even a blank screen comes up instead?

RHankey
02-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Not that I'm currently aware of. I know you are not alone in this minor gripe. If you search through the postings to this list over the last 6 months you should find a link to an X350 owner in the UK who has compiled a web site of personal subjective likes/dislikes of the X350. It appears he has officially logged each of his gripes with Jaguar engineering and even includes the Jaguar responses. He had the exact same Nav default screen complaint, and my recollection as of a number of months ago was that Jag was investigating potential solutions - no word whether an potential fix would or could be retrofitted to earlier X350's.

Among other complaints, he was asking not to have to 'accept' the legalese every time he started the car and for it not to disable certain Nav functionality while the car was in motion.

franc
02-09-2005, 10:42 AM
RH.........Thanks!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index