Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

mmm
11-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I am in desperate need of an excellent BMW service department to fix my softtop of my Z4. A month ago, I was having some minor problems with a weird clicking and grinding noise when putting the top up on my convertible. Figuring this would be a quick fix and warranty issue, I brought it to the dealer to take a look. While they "looked" at it, they managed to break the manual release lever of the automatic top. After ordering parts for the vehicle, they scheduled another visit, where although they seemed to fix the lever, they completely messed up the softtop!! Now the top does not retract into the boot of the car and sticks out about 1 inch over the back trunk. When I pointed this out to them they aregued that this was a couse of the weather. Upon driving home, I noticed that the also took a notch out of my passenger side roll bar, stained my softtop, and replaced the back paneling with an obviously wrong piece. It looks like a hack job and frankly I have no confidence in their ability to touch my car again. Can any one recommend a good BMW service department where I can have these (now major) problems corrected?

I also wish to get a hardtop installed on my Z4 for the winter, after the softtop is taken care of. Has any one done this and where they had the maintainence done?

Thank you.

Mike

PoppyE30
11-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Take it to Prestige BMW in Ramsey

entidine
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
If you didn't buy your car from them they put you at the back of the line, which in their case is very long.
oOO(||||)(||||)OOo

rdescherer
11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Mike --

I have used an independent shop in Hackensack, NJ for over 10 years. They are honest and do good work. The name of the shop is Rennsport Motorworks. The phone number is 201-489-5577. Speak with Sal, the owner. Please let him know that I gave you his info.

Regards,

Rob DeScherer

Dinosoar
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Yup Ask for Jason Sonion advisor or Tony Circelli mgr.

entidine
01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
oOO(||||)(||||)OOo

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index