Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

tobyport
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Looking for some advice from someone who has actually wired up the rear fog lights on a 123. Where can I find DIY instructions for this upgrade?

C.Diesel
11-28-2004, 08:22 AM
unfortunatly - a DIY is up to you .

I have researched this for my 84 300D Turbo and the wire is not the trunk for the rear fog light bulb. You must run a single wire off the back of the headlight switch - and run it all the way back to the left tail light housing. You then need to MAKE a POS. bulb contact because in the light board , one does not exist . There is a hole for the extra bulb - but no power supply spring to the center of the bulb.
To find the correct hot terminal on the rear of the headlight switch,
pull the switch out from the dash and turn the headlights on , pull the knob out to the "2nd" position for the rear fog light. Some light switch knobs have the tiny green indicator light which should light up after you install a tiny peanut bulb in the switch shaft.

I've been too busy with all the maintainence to get to that project.

For another 'euro touch', I have installed euro headlight assemblies and like the larger beam patterns, the improved fog light beam spread and power. You just need to be real carefull not to tailgate on the highway to earn a stone through one of those huge glass lens.

tobyport
11-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Great...I knew that it could be done. Also, I have considered adding the euro lights, but I am hung up on the classic look...maybe when I get my 3rd 240! Thank you.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index