Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : SLK v. Z4

Lorch92
12-04-2004, 07:04 PM
I hate to admit it as a BMW ownder, but I stopped by the Mercedes dealer today to look at the SLK. From the reviews I've read, it sounds great. The dealer didn't have any available to drive, but my impression from the website and brochure is that the windshield is more steeply raked, so as to come back farther than the Z4 or other true roadsters. Is this correct? Any other thoughts comparing the two would be appreciated. Thanks,

Georgios Dimopoulos
10-05-2006, 09:44 AM
slk much better than the z4 bmw in anything and its design is awesome!

George Kugler
05-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I traded in a BMW M Roadster on a 2006 (new) 350 SLK. The M roadster was faster and handled better, but the SLK is much more comfortable and still handles well enough to throw it around on back country roads in spirited driving. We still go on BMW Z3 and Z4 drives, and other BMW owners seem impressed.

Bob Seidler
06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Ditto on George's comment. I moved from a Z3 to an SLK, and never looked back. The retractable hardtop is so far superior to any ragtop I've owned (and there have been plenty) that I'll never go soft-top again. Power and hadling are vitually identical IMHO.

And something to consider, the exhaust note of the MB V6 is so sweet, just another reason to drop the top...

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index