Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JamesBond007z4
12-08-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm looking to get a new sedan for daily usage which one will u recommend out of the two and why ?
Thanks.

JamesS3
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
handling limits, with most real world situations more driver dependent than anything. Aesthetically, they are miles apart. Although I am a 4 time BMW owner I find the new 5 to be a stylistic disaster on multiple levels. From the awkward exterior to the incredibly stark, plain & industrial interior the vehicle reeks of cheapness. The E500's interior is light years better and much more befitting a 60+K vehicle. Plus AWD is available in the Benz. A real plus for those burdened with the evils of snow.
iDrive is another factor. Some like it, some tolerate it and many more, including most of the mainstream press find it cumbersome beyond belief, making even simple actions like tuning the radio a chore.
In the end, though, you must drive them and make your own aesthetic decisions. If you value ultimate at the limit handling above all else the BMW is s bit better. But, for an overall experience I'd go with the MB.
Both cars have had their share of quality foibles. I'd give a slight edge to MB as they have made more efforts, while BMWNA seems to go out of its way to piss people off.

X5Rick
07-01-2005, 12:12 AM
JamesS3 - let me assure from my experience MB does an outstanding of pissing customers off. We only purchased one - E420 and had the battery short internally and smoke up the interior, flawed windshield, and a god awful driver's seat frame that would creak, shift, and partially give way :-0 It was brand new and I requested a new seat but the dealer and regional rep insisted on "repairing" it. In the process they tore the leather in several places requiring even more work :-(

We are selling a couple of our 3 series Bimms because we need a larger car - I , like many others, can't stand the BMW style. The MB E500 looks great but I am still nervous given our one and only MB purchase. The new Lexus GS 430 may be our purchase. Comments from current E500 owners would be appreciated.

sayemthree
07-01-2005, 12:54 AM
the 745i got upgraded to a 750i? MB looks better but BMW performs better IMO. But MB seems overpriced. 72k for a loaded e500? you could get a loaded A8 for that price.

OJ
08-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes we have just bought one and with extras it coust us just under 70,000.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index