Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor

mitrebox
12-31-2004, 01:07 PM
I own a 1987 190E 2.6 with 215,000 miles on the odometer. The O2 Sensor light comes on after the car's warmed up. Does anyone have any clues or advice about installing a new one so I can pass Colorado's emissions testing. Any help will be appreciated.

Sean`03///Zed4
11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
I just bought a used 84 190E for a good deal and it failed CA smog pretty miserably :).
These cars were always considered on the ragged edge of emmisions and have been tagged as HEP or High Emitter Profile.

The orignal Benz BOSCH O2 sensor goes for around $180 (at the stealer) and the alternative unit which fits this vehicle perfectly is the BOSCH O2 (3 wire sensor) for a 1990 Ford Mustang GT. It's direct plug and play and i just fitted a new one. You will have to splice this unit & the connector is just in front of the front passenger seat. Pretty straight forward job.
Other than the O2 sensor, check the plugs (best is the non-resistor, copper core H9DC plugs for your car & do not use those cold platinum BOSCH plugs during emissions.

Good Luck & let us know how it goes.

mitrebox
12-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Is the O2 sensor accessible from inside the car or outside?http://forums1.roadfly.com/preferences/showsigimage.php?img=94321

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index