Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Alvin
12-31-2004, 02:42 PM
I miss renewing my Service Maintenance by a day. The Service Advisor I was dealing with was on a 2 week vacation. I called the dealer and I was told that once the service maintenance expired yesterday, it cannot be renewed; even it you miss it by an hour.

I called a few places and this seems to be the case. Can you please tell me what other ways I can resolve this? If not, is there any alternative service that will not cost me much grief and money?

Thanks for your help.

StoneWalk
12-31-2004, 03:03 PM
There's a trick you can do where you sell your car and immediately buy it back w/CPO using a friendly dealer in order to get the extended CPO warranty, but I don't believe that comes with maintenance, and as you've found - if you let the maint expire, it's dead.

Good news is that just paying for your own maintenance as it comes up is about the same cost as the extended maint plan, especially if you're selective about what parts of various inspections are really important.
StoneWalk, Santa Barbara California

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index