Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

airmoss18
12-31-2004, 04:54 PM
i used to frequent roadfly back when i was driving a 96 m3, then an 01 330ci. i was then intrigued by the new infiniti g35 coupe, and wanted to be one of the first to have one, so i got one december of 02. i always thought that i'd be back to a bmw, and planned to get another m3. the wait is almost over. i bought a 03 silver grey/black SMG with everything except the nav. found the car from a private party, but i worked the deal through a dealership in chicago (i'm in minneapolis) so that they would take my infiniti in on a trade. they purchased the car from the private party, shipped it to chicago, then will sell to me for an extra $1500 for their efforts. i have tons of pictures of the car, but have not yet seen it in person.

i agreed to buy the new car for $38,500 from the private party, $40k from the dealer. it has 18,500 miles on it, excellent condition inside and out. 19" wheels, premium and cold weather packages, smg, xenons, HK sound, moonroof. is $40k a fair price?

i've driven an SMG for all of 15 minutes so far, i'm anxious to see how i like it, i've been driving manuals for the past 10 years.

any comments?

gregwminmmoregon
12-31-2004, 04:56 PM
******>
<B>Greg</B> Lake Oswego, Oregon
<HR>
2001 M3 Coupe - Titanium/Cinnamon
Prem. Pkg., Xenon, CWP, adj. seat width, HK, Matte Chrome trim; RAC Monolite RG4 forged wheels (19x9, 10), Michelin PS2s 245/275, euro rotors, sst lines, GC Koni/Eibach coilovers/camber plates, Larini sst exhaust, ACS SSK w/ Z8 shift knob, ACS pedal covers/handbrake, OEM strut tower brace, '04 LEDs/trunk lights, V1 w/ hardwire & in-cluster remote display, euro front bumper cover, euro first aid kit & warning triangle, space saver spare, painted foglight rings, PIAA Xtreme Plus fogs, SilverVision front turns.
*******>

sg333e
01-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Car seems like a good deal, although you won't know til you see it in person. Which dealership in CHI would do this for you? How did you do on your trade? Just curious because I would very much like to do the same thing. Prefer private party buys.

Thanks,

EW

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index