Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Jan '05 Car & Driver gives the XJR thumbs Up...

B7series
01-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on whether it's a car that should be bought for the long term or leased to be given up in 3 years.

Jose'
01-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Reliability reports suggest that the car is near or at Lexus quality. If all the cars in the range were as reliable (not saying that they are not reliable) then they would have probably beaten Lexus in the latest surveys.

johncalifornia
02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Best value for money, and the warranty protection is excellent.

The X350's aluminum body will never rust, and the engine's one design flaw, its timing gear, has been fixed.

The styling is already archaic, so it will never go out of date.

The leather is top-grade so will last for decades if you take care of it.

Definitely a keeper kind of car. Being an impoverished writer, I've taken the "second-owner" approach with an X308 and have no regrets.
John Mulvihill, technical writer, San Francisco Bay Area
1998 XJ8, Anthracite/Charcoal

RHankey
02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Who's to know what problems may appear in the years to come, but to date my now 10 month old 04-VDP has been problem free, a joy to drive, and exceeded my expectations. Like any car I buy, I bought for the long term.

Good luck, and happy shopping.

Doug XJ8L
02-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I agree with John!

I too own a 98 XJ8 (second owner). It has been trouble free for the two years that I have owned it. The records show that the only problem the previous owner had, was she needed to have the cup holder replaced. I also understand that her husband traded her Jag in on a Toyota Land Cruiser, which nearly ended in a divorce at the dealers show room. Like her, I think her husband was stupid, but I have to like the guy because I am now driving his wife's beautiful Jag.

Because of its classic design it will always be in style. I plan on driving this car for a long time...

Franic
02-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I agree. I have a 98 XJ8 with 33xxx miles. I love the car. Something about classic styling. I got warm all over when Halle Barry kissed the hood leaping cat in the Catwoman movie. Sexy lady, sexy car.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index