Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

crc
01-04-2005, 12:03 AM
just got a used 96 c200....the cars battery run down and i dont know wether its bcos i used a weak battery to start it or what but now even with a new battery the engine turns but will not stay on...is this a mulfunction of the starter kill switch of the alarm?Has anyone been through this before?What possible solutions can you guys think of or recommend

Faisal_in_Laurel
01-04-2005, 12:18 PM
fuel pump or the injectors. Could also be an A/F mixture issue. Try a bottle of Techron (Chevron ....Black Bottle) 21 oz with a full tank of Premium fuel. See if that clears up the issue. Then check the Fuse/relay for the fuel pump. Replace it even if it looks good (Sometimes a weak Fuse can cut off the pump).

If that does not solve the problem seek professional tech to diagnose the issue (Possibly replace the fuel pump).

Have you tested the new battery to see if the battery is actually running down?

<p><b><font color="#008080"><a href="http://members.roadfly.org/faisal_in_laurel/Faisal.htm">1997 BMW 840Ci (For Sale Details).</a></font></b></p><p><b><i><font color="#0000FF" size="2">"I am no expert...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once."</font></i></b></p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index