Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

tobyport
01-07-2005, 12:00 AM
I've replaced the cruise amp under the dash, but the cruise still does not work, it has worked briefly a couple of times. What do I check next?

C.D.
01-07-2005, 06:29 AM
brake light switch and brake lights

Kevin Zoernig
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
The cruise control lever/switch assembly detaches from the turnsignal switch and can easily be replaced. I've also had good luck cleaning these switches with electrical cleaning spray.

Daniel H
01-06-2006, 07:33 PM
I would try the switch next as well, try cleaning it, and as cd said, check your brake lights and brake light switch.
luck,
Daniel H

dembooks
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
clutch pedal switch - brake and clutch pedals will
CANCEL the cruise control if a 'depressed' signal is sent, or their wires have been molested.

If the throttle linkage is binding - too stiff to move , the cruise actuator will not be able to increase the idle speed - the system will also cut off. Try working the throttle/pump linkage from the actuator(as the actuator would be doing to maintain set speed) - it should pull freely with little tension.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index