Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

drtelco
01-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Can you convert a 300D to a manual transmission? I have access to a 4spd removed from a 240D and would like to convert to the 4 spd. The total cost for the conversion should be less than $1,000 which is quite a bit less than replacing my automatic. I would like to know if the flywheel from the 240D will match up to the 300D motor? Also will the Bell Housing from the 240D match up as well. If anybody sells the conversion kit please let me know asap....Thank-You in advance....Joseph..951-203-7641

C.D.
01-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Can you convert a 300D to a manual transmission? = no

I have access to a 4spd removed from a 240D and would like to convert to the 4 spd. The total cost for the conversion should be less than $1,000 which is quite a bit less than replacing my automatic.

I would like to know if the flywheel from the 240D will match up to the 300D motor = no&yes = the end of the cranks are designed for either Automatic or Standard trans, (manual clutch or torque converter) weight and balance factor of 240 crank is different than 300 crank so flywheels may be different - get a standard flywheel for a 300

Also will the Bell Housing from the 240D match up as well. = it might

If anybody sells the conversion kit please let me know asap = do research with European models that were available with standard shifting trans. Those Euro model parts would make the job easy and factory like. They were never available in the USA.

Driveshaft length is another issue

Rear drive ratio is another big issue (plus speedometer error)

Clutch & Brake pedal assembly under the dash another major challenge

good luck & post your findings

Creighton Demarest

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index