Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Typical Dealer (dis)Service - (link)

Malcomb
01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
What wonderful vehicles we have! What a horrible dealer network we suffer from! Sparse in number, awful in "Customer Service."
Recently Jaguar dealers were rated tops in Sales Experience. Why can they do so well at that, and yet nearly all (certainly all I have personally dealt with over the years)give reprehensible after-sale service? Is it simply that "Visions of Dollar Signs dance in their heads"? If so, they are being very short-sighted and ultimately self-destructive in their approach.

Corporate Jaguar, and FoMoCo, scarcely need this type of publicity as Jaguar continues a fiscal hemorrhage. The cars are not the problem. The dealers are!

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101447

Al Carr
01-19-2005, 10:53 AM
a bad dealer service experience on your part. But my dealer, Scott Jaguar in Charlotte NC, provided superb service on my '98 XJ8 and is now providing superb service on my '04 XJR.

Charlienmr
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Gotta agree with Al. I've gotten over five years of exemplary service from San Jose British Motors in the SF bay Area for my S-type and now my 04 XJ8. It also seems from comments by other owners in the Bay Area that all the dealers in this area (5) provide a high level of service. Again, not that it's that way everywhere, but it's also untrue that it's uniformly poor.

compuz1
01-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I get the opposite treatment. All the cars I purchased at my dealer (Jaguar of Great Neck / Roslyn - NY) have had superb follow up service. I just bought my '05 Super V8 and they have been great so far. Their service department calls biweekly to make sure everything is OK (in my experience they did that the whole first year I owned a XKR). Their customer service department also checks to make sure I am happy. Their sales staff is friendly, and I couldn't ask for more!

RickKap
01-24-2005, 01:24 AM

compuz1
01-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Sure, i'm travelling but I'll take a few when I get home... Anything you want me to focus on?

RickKap
01-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Not really. Just as many as you can get.

B7series
01-30-2005, 02:15 AM
I went to pick up my new XJR today and the dealer told me that there's a faulty gas sensor which needs to be replaced before I can take delivery. Having no experience with Jag or this dealer but plenty of bad experiences with my 2003 7 for the same problem, should I be concerned about other issues with this car or go ahead with the purchase?

RHankey
01-31-2005, 08:07 AM
Congrats. My experience with an 04-VDP (which is going in tomorrow for it's 16,000km service), and similar experiences of a couple friends who have 04-XJ's, is that they appear to be shaping up to trouble free cars. If it makes you feel better, I'd guess the shop simply ran out of parts while applying service bulletins that have been posted since your new car rolled off the assembly line several months ago. Hopefully, in a month from now you'll be looking back at the month of enjoyment the car has given you.

Al Carr
01-31-2005, 09:25 AM
Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. I wouldn't worry about it. My '04 XJR has been trouble-free since I got it in early April w/ 3500 miles on it. The previous owner had warped a disc -- not at all hard to do on this car -- and the dealer replaced the front brakes. But that's it, and I've put 13000+ miles on the car since I got it. Yours'll be fine, I'll wager. Look forward to enjoying it! I'll be interested to hear how you think the Jag compares to the 7 Series BMW if you'll share that with us in a month or so.

B7series
02-05-2005, 02:57 AM

skimom
11-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I agree.I own a 2005 XJ8L. My dealer Lee Jaguar is the worst dealership I have ever worked with. The rubber seal on the drivers door has a hole worn in it and I have been trying to get this resolved for over a month.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index