Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Availability of short-wheelbase 2005 XJ8

exit32
02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I've been shopping for a new, non-supercharged, short-wheelbase Jaguar XJ8. Just when I getting ready to place an order for a car with the color and options I want, my dealer informed me that Jaguar will not build any non-supercharged, short-wheelbase XJ8 cars during the 2005 model year.

I'm very disappointed to hear this. Can anyone confirm this information is correct?

I understand that Jaguar has always said the 2005 XJ8 would have delayed availabilty as they roll-out the long-wheelbase cars. Is it possible that Jag could reintroduce the short-wheelbase XJ8 as an early 2006 model during this calendar year?

RHankey
02-11-2005, 08:32 AM
What geographic market are you in?

A few months ago I saw a few SWB 2005 XJ8's at my Canadian dealer, but perhaps those came off the assembly line before they allegedly switched over to LWB production.

If Jag Corporate's intentions were not to produce SWB XJ8's in 2005, then they've caught Jag US and Canada off guard. In Canada the 2005 XJ8 and XJR are (were?) to be offered only as SWB, whereas the VDP and Super-VDP are only offered in LWB. My recollection was that the only difference for the US market in this regard was that the XJ8 was to be offered in both SWB and LWB versions.

If you're set on a SWB XJ8, perhaps it's simply a matter of ordering one and waiting the 3 or 4 months?

The X350 is a wonderful car no matter what model you choose.

Exit32
02-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm located in Massachusetts, USA.

I believe your description of the 2005 XJ-series models to be sold in the U.S. is accurate. If I could place an order and wait 3 or 4 months, I would. My dealer says the factory will not accept orders for the SWB 2005 XJ8, so why bother.

I've sent an e-mail inquiry to Jaguar directly. Perhaps my dealer has some inaccurate information. Or maybe the SWB XJ8 will be introduced early as a 2006 model. I'll share Jag's reply here when I receive it.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index