Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ronjeffries
02-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Firemist, Beige, Comfort, Premium, Auto. Will be the next build my dealer gets. Hopefully soon.

Is anyone out there?
Merlot 3.0 Sport all but Nav
Beige / Beige. Old driver, new car.
www.XProgramming.com/z4

gpk
02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
in mid-December. I was favorably impressed with the AMG car. Just couldn't see myself in an MB yet; plus it was auto only. Ended up getting a 997S instead. It's nice to have choices. Enjoy!

ajf1
02-21-2005, 02:04 AM
did you get a discount?

ajf1
02-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Did you get a discount? If so how much off?

ronjeffries
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
There are three dealers approximately equidistant from me. I talked to all of them, then told them I was deciding on price and other intangibles.

I'm not much of a hard-charging negotiator. The way my tongue hangs out when I look at the car tipped them off that I was going to do one pretty much no matter what.
www.XProgramming.com/z4

Ranger
02-28-2005, 03:10 PM
FYI - traded in my 2002 Z3 Coupe on a SLK350. WHite with AMG/sport pkg, PP, Auto, Nav, Heated seats, runflats. I love it!

ronjeffries
03-02-2005, 08:41 AM
what was behind your choice of the runflats? i've got mine ordered without, primarily because of vague ride concerns. of course if i get a flat, life as we know it will be over ...

so tell me of your values and thoughts there?
www.XProgramming.com/z4

Ranger
03-02-2005, 09:38 AM
I got my car off the lot. It had everything I wanted (AMG, Nav, Airscarf, PP, etc) but it also had runflats. The only other SLK350 I drove did not have the runflats but it also did not have the sport pkg. The runflats with the sport pkg handle much better (IMO) than without sport.
Bottom liine is not much to compare to. I am assuming that run flats ride harder than standard tires but corning is the bomb!

ronjeffries
03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
On the Z4 board, a number of people report that when they replace their RFTs with regular tires, they got improved ride and improved handling. My guess is that on the SLK it wouldn't be much difference. Certainly on my Z4 I found both the ride and handling just fine with the RFTs.

Enjoy!
www.XProgramming.com/z4

Nick - Seattle
05-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I just test drove a 6-speed manual silver SLK350 yesterday and was impressed with the performance of the engine and overall ride. Now I am ready to order one so going through the options list and possibly looking at European delivery to coincide with my vacation. Any options you regret not getting?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index