Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : IMO the new XJR is a real sleeper!

B7series
02-20-2005, 09:38 PM
It was a passing glimpse of a black XJ that got me to walk into a Jaguar dealership to find out more about the car. After I test drove the XJR twice, I was convinced that it was a drivers' car. Now, after logging in 500 miles on my new '05 racing green XJR all that I can say is this car is a real sleeper amongst the best performance sedans. It has an enormous power curve that is without hesitation and always feels light and agile under heavy acceleration.
This car just begs to go fast and take off. The J-gate is easy to use and enhances the "manual feeling" of driving the car. The seats take getting use to but they have just the right amount of thigh support and lateral grip in hard cornering. The controls and navigation are intuitive and easy to master. On the whole, this car is a looker with chromed wheels and tinted windows. Although it's still early, no minor or major problems have been noted.

Kudos goes to Jaguar for producing a fine automobile. But why isn't there more advertising done to let people know about the virtues of this vehicle.

RickKap
02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Awesome!

How does the handling/driver involvement compare to your 2002 (?) BMW 7 series?

Al Carr
02-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep. Couldn't agree more. Sure does take all the drama out of passing on 2-lane roads, doesn't it? My only concern is that if I get zapped by radar at the wrong time I'm gonna wind up in jail.....

Jose'
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
One car mag I bought the other day said that is outhandles the 7 series around town because of it's lighter weight but can't be pushed as far to the limit.

B7series
02-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Despite having a myriad of problems with my '03 7, this car is another fine example of automotive excellence. The car is a powerhouse, almost tank-like, though without the stately elegance and light agility that the Jag has. The two cars are unlike each other and assume different personalities for both driver and its onlookers. Both were bred to ensconse their owners. Only one, though, is better leased than bought... the 7.

PaulNeko
02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I've put more than 15K miles on my '04 XJR and so far no problems. I've changed the oil three times and looks like I'm going to need a new set of tires soon.

B7series
02-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree that it's quite agile around town and from 0-60 it's launch time. The Bimmer isn't as quick to 60 but it to feels solid as a rock. I think the XJ is more racier and fun to drive whereas the 7 is more teutonic. If you're lucky enough to have both, then they're the best of both worlds!

BKH
03-03-2005, 07:41 PM
My 04 XJR just hit 16,000 miles. It's been the best car I have ever had. I did have to invest in a radar detector, however!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index