Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

zuwail
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Got a 1978 Mercedes Benz 300CD from a buddy. he never use it since Feb02. The starter motor turns but the engine won't fire...I need help...thanks, willieGot a Mercedes Benz 300CD 1978 from a buddy. He never use it since Feb02.The starter motor turns but the engine won't fire...what do i need to make it RUN???? Thanks, Wilson

SHARPIE
02-25-2005, 06:40 AM
in cases of dire emergency i have used starting fluid a little right at the air intake becare carefull not to useto much or else you will blow the head gasket

zuwail
02-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Thank you....SHArpie, tried starting fluid....still don't run...do i need to drain and replace diesel fuel and also filters...........thanks,willieGot a Mercedes Benz 300CD 1978 from a buddy. He never use it since Feb02.The starter motor turns but the engine won't fire...what do i need to make it RUN???? Thanks, Wilson

C.D.iesel
03-17-2005, 09:05 AM
fuel system next :
replace the strainer in the bottom of the tank - up next the the rear diff

replace the inline see thru fuel filter next to the hand pump/injection pump

replace the main fuel filter canister

drain the crap fuel and start with fresh tankfull
add REDLINE 85Plus fuel additive now and a few oz's every time you add fuel to the tank for the rest of the car's life

how's the air filter look ? huge mouse nest in there ???

has anyone molested the injection pump timing ?? , what's the service history of this motor ?

Valve Clearance is VERY IMPORTANT TO good
cold starting !

It's all about the basics.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index