Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : eurotek

russ
03-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Has anyone here done a ecu upgrade from eurotek? if so let me know how it worked out for you. Also has anyone seen a cold air kit or an exhuast besides arden because they wanted $6500 which I think is crazy for an 05 XJR? Ive been looking around with no luck.

LeroyC
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't have any info on Eurotek's ECU, but before you give up on Arden check www.eisenhaus.com. They offer an Arden exhaust for your car for about $1750.

Monster
03-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I have tried three modified ecu's from different suppliers in the past 4 years, the last one was from eurotek

there was a distinct difference and SMOKING HOT-- that is what I run now, I really beleive the other suppliers were just using out of date info and slightly altered programs to sell as the latest ecu program- they were literally no comparison

everything else from eurotek has worked exceptionally well, would strongly suggest dealing with them-- Phil is very knowledgable

Hope it helps- Monster

Russ
03-28-2005, 11:56 PM
The exhaust for $1750 from arden on eisenhaus is only rear mufflers. No pipework no cats no anything. Thats a rip off. Im getting a custom titanium one done. Starting from the cats where removing the resonator going up from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inch x pipe. 2 1/2 inch pipe of the way back to a set of i forgot the name but there titanium mufflers with straight pipe in them. I hope it sound good.Because if not im stuck.

LeroyC
03-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I agree that $1750 for rear mufflers only is over the top. Your custom system sounds interesting. Keep us up to date on how it works out.

Real Tech
06-18-2005, 08:18 AM
We've been installing mufflers only for about $1500, not sure where they come from but I can find out on Tuesday.
The pulleys we are using are about $400. We just can't find a cheaper one.
We cut the factory forward muffler with a plasma cutter and remove the packing and reweld which gives just the right sound with the new mufflers.
We've ran S-type to S-type and these mods with no ECU work are good for at least .7 seconds as the modified car pulls away from the stocker from start to finish and is at least 8 car lengths ahead in 1/4 mile.
As for the costs, the pulley is a rip off but its the only game in town. The mufflers are actually reasonable considering that I put a pair of carbon fiber cans on my bike for $1200 and they are less than half the size of the auto mufflers and have no tricky bending involved.

Eurotoys
06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
My pulley is a lot cheaper than $400.00.
Mike

S-Type_R
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
http://forums1.roadfly.org/preferences/showsigimage.php?img=124085

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index