Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

wombat60
03-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Help!!!
My 1988 535i won't start. It does fire sometimes. I have fuel to the injectors and wet plugs. I have a spark. It was like this for a while then I put in another fuel relay. It then went first turn though it ran on four cylenders then cleared its self. Drove 20 miles ran well then the same problem arrose. At the moment it's dead in the water.
It has been acting up for a while. Sometimes starts on four or five cylinders then clears its self.
Perhaps others would throw it away but I have had it three years and have loved and cherished it and it is in beautiful condition. My friend and garage owner has four old BMW's and he is at a loss as to the problem.
Can anyone out there help me with some sugestions I'm desperate.

Bill O'Brien (Isle of Man, UK)

SchnitzerM5
03-15-2005, 01:30 PM
I suggest you take it to a reputable mechanic or the main dealer for a completely unbiased view to get the ball rolling.

Also, try posting this query up on the E34 page - they're all americans but quite a few of them are very knowledgable about the engines and it's workings!

Cheers!

Dennis!! West London UK! ex 95 525i Sport

stellios
07-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Easymobile Denies Flop Jibes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EasyMobile has rejected reports that the discount mobile telephone outfit is a flop. When it launched in March it claimed to have sparked a "mobile war" in the UK amid claims that this new cut price approach would shake-up the sector.

However, far from being a threat to the established mobile phone industry, The Telegraph reports that the Stelios-backed business has failed to take off and only signed up 5,000 punters in the two months since its launch.

But speaking to The Register, easyMobile boss Frank Rasmussen dissed the report insisting that the numbers quoted were "not correct". He declined to say exactly how many punters easyMobile had attracted so far except to say that it was "more than 5,000".

And since the company has only been marketing the business for the last two weeks (March was just a "soft launch" apparently), Rasmussen added it was "a little too soon [for others] to judge".

Indeed, plans to roll-out easyMobile into Europe are still going ahead. Last month TDC - one of the companies behind easyMobile - has teamed up with Dutch network operator Telfort to launch the no-frills mobile service in the Netherlands.

Speaking of easymobile last month, Rasmussen said he had "great expectations for easymobile in the Netherlands", proclaiming: "We have already introduced the easymobile concept in the UK and easymobile gained our first international experience. In spite of the incumbent British operators vodafone, o2, orange, T-mobile, having responded aggressively to easymobile's introduction, the easymobile launch in the UK was very successful and easymobile exceeded our expectations."

As for allegations that easymobile was copying virgin mobile, easyMobile hit back, accusing Virgin Mobile of "panicking" in the face of competition."It's obvious that Virgin is under a lot of pressure," said easyMobile boss Frank Rasmussen.

"They are met by demands from shareholders to increase profitability per customer, and at the same time market forces require Virgin to compete on much more than a funky logo. There's no doubt Virgin is under a lot of pressure, and their reaction to the launch of easyMobile.com clearly shows that Virgin Mobile faces a difficult future from easymobile."

Alan
08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
We are having the (exact) same problem. Did you find a solution?

steve bell
08-16-2005, 03:12 PM
had simular problem on a 1991 535 found out it was lead s broken @ ends under protective covers . if not problem could be fuel pump or fuel pump relay if had new pump fitted check there are no kinks in pipes you never know till you look at them . i had same happen to me seeyou steve

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index