Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Analog to Digital Telephone conversion

Bill
03-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Has anyone had experience in converting the factory SL voice command telephone from an analog system to the newer digital system. My service provider, Verizon, threatens to stop providing digital servicd in the future and that will leave my SL phone useless -- HELP!

bwheitman
07-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I had the analog phone in my car too, I replaced it with a motorola hands free kit using the existing mic and speakers. The Motoroloa V602 plugs into the cradle, voice activation, dialing, and hands free works perfectly. Any featrures your phone has will be available through the hands free kit. I have Verizon too, and any Motorola phone will work with the hand free kit they sell for the moto phones. It was $125. Don't get bluetooth, for some reason it doesn't work in MB cars, I don't know why, and no one can tell me why. But all the functions are there and I removed the old phone from the center dash space so then I had a place to install my Sirius sat radio receiver, and also be sure to hook up the mute to the radio when you install your phone kit. If you need help shoot me an email, a really easy install, as under the floor of the passenger footwell is an electronics component area to locate the controller and power to run it. Good luck! I wish everyone would use hands free kits, when I see someone driving a fifty thousand dollar car and can't even afford a $125 hannds free kit so they can use the blinker, it kind of upset me.

Brian

Bill
08-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Brian,

I have talked with the people that make the MIX Box, but this is an expensive and complicted way to convert to a digital phone. I am very interested in the solution you posted -- could you contact me via e-mail? [email protected]

Bill
08-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Brian,

I have talked with the people that make the MIX Box, but this is an expensive and complicted way to convert to a digital phone. I am very interested in the solution you posted -- could you contact me via e-mail? [email protected]

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index