Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Can u hack the NAV to play DVD's?

Will Mack
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Has anyone divulged a software upgrade to play dvd's on the in-dash nav system? It should be capable I think.. why have 1 movie when u can have 2? :)

Dj Chili
07-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I can say that it can be done. it's just a matter of finding the software for it. European models have a video button. on newer U.S. models it's either a blank button or sat button. im positive that if the proper software cd could be found it's just a matter of downloading the info to the car. The hardware for the U.S. and European models are near identical.

Whitt
04-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes you can I had it done.

JrCesena
05-15-2006, 01:18 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTACT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO I CAN GET MINE DONE...

Cyco
01-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I"m going to go out on a limb here and say your an arrogant pos. To state you had it done and not mention a link or a source is pretty damn lame.

Bruce in canada
02-19-2007, 04:54 PM

cadi
04-26-2008, 07:08 PM
I just bought a 2006 Escalade and was wondering if anyone knew how to make the Nav play DVD's. I have heard of an over-ride code but it does not work in mine. Is there any other easy way to make this happen.. I would appreciate any adise. Thanks

04Lade
11-11-2008, 02:56 AM
www.tvandnav2go.com/car-dvd-player.html

escaladeD
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
huge job?

CadiGirl
10-28-2009, 03:59 AM
One of my friends was saying that I can have it done to, by going to an audio/custom shop. Most places legally wont do it for me in St.Louis because its against the law to watch tv/dvd in the front of the vechile while driving unless in park, However if you know someone or pay extra you can get it done and they will take the override switch off or make where you can switch it on and off.

the thing with the 2005 escalade i bought is that cant play dvds up front but it does have dvd software because it is playing the Navi DVD to used GPS, so a friend told me i can pay someone to hook the front navi dvd wire to the rear dvd and either play the dvd from the rear in Aux of course it would be playing in the back as while or have them override the navi some type of way.

Either way I am going to have it checked out by the professionals and let you know what happens, because i like everything already with the factory navi/gps lady talking to me and all the touchscreen and everything and if I was to get a whole nother system them the 6dics changer would be useless as well.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index