Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

medstyle
03-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Uh I am deciding between a low mileage twin turbo vs. the new 911 S. I don't know which one to pick. My parents don't want to get me a used car, but I know my dad won't really care as long as it looks brand new and has low miles. My mom prefers a new car always because once my dad bought a crappy used car at an auction in like 1978, haha.

Anyway, I am going to med school in a cold part of the country, so I mean, i would like to have 4 wheel drive which the turbo has i believe. Would the 911 TT have better traction in the snow? But I was looking at road and track or something, and the 911S is like almost as fast as the turbo. So that way I could get a new car without sacrficing performance. I prefer the new car of course, because as usual, new cars have better features.

I don't have the audacity to ask for something more than 80k or so, so that's about my price limit. I also know there is a 4S version of the 911, but I honestly don't want a 4 wheel drive car because I kind of like the idea of a rear wheel car. My friend has a new M3 and i really like it, and he is into physics (he is getting a PhD in something at MIT)and told me all this stuff about rear wheel drive being better than 4 wheel drive.

Anyway, i have a car now that I could take with me to school, so i mean this car doesn't have to be a daily driver. However, i cannot drive a manual for many reasons (its inconvenient, my parents don't drive so when i am done with the car, i can't just give it to my mom like my dad usually does). I basically want a nice, cool, and sporty car that isn't too annoying to drive. I am pretty lazy, so if it feels like work to drive it, i won't be.

I am not going to be racing ever nor will I have to use the car for anything other than a fun weekend car. I want a nice car with sex appeal basically. I have a mercedes now, but I want something more sporty, and i feel like a BMW would be a step down in terms of sportiness from porshe and luxury from Benz.

I like the maserati coupe too, but its been out for a while and I would like to get something that's hot right now. I will be driving this car for 4 and a half years probably. If it is comfortable and safe, i'd like to make it a daily driver.

Any suggestions? All positive comments will be appreciated.

medstyle
03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Also, test driving many models will be a hassle. My father doesn't want to waste tons of time doing this I know. So going to the porsche and picking a model that day would be best.

Daryl
04-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Go with the new 997 "S" You'll get all the warranty and the car looks great and is fast. Better resale down the road. Daryl

builderjames
04-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I owned both a 997 C2S and a 01 TT. The TT has a tip and is a great driver. I bought it used with 24k miles on it for 70k, it has 8 months of warranty left and is a great car. The 997 came in with a stick so it had to go. I have pictures of both if you drop me an email. Oh and by the way my TT is in the shop, the first day I had the 997s my friend came over and he took the tt and we lined them up, long story short he wrecked my TT on a curb. 28k in damage. Do not let your friends drive your cars. My insurance co. told me that it has to go on my policy even though we use the same company. The 997s hung with and even edged the TT until around 50 all 5 times. Get the TT it is a blast from 60-120. Nothing like anything I have ever been in. I think my next car will be an E55, my last was a Cayenne TT.

medstyle
04-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Uhh, i already got a 997. I didn't get the S because the regular one was pretty fast. The twin turbo's were very powerful and all, but the new one has a better interior. Plus, the new body style will keep the care looking new for a while. Besides, they come loaded with like 10k in options anyway. I got a ferrari red one with natural full leather. I like it a lot. I would recommend it. The optional stereo is really nice too.

The moving spoiler thing is pretty neat. I think i might get a body kit for the car with a spoiler and stuff.

Sorry about your car getting wrecked. My parents would kill me if i let someone drive my car, but if my friend wanted to i would probably let him. I only have one friend who might one to try it out, but he would just drive it, not race it.

alexargyros
04-09-2005, 07:41 AM

alexargyros
04-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I thought I was in the search function and I pressed enter. Good luck with either Porsche.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index