Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: jack pods.....?

Your Message

Click here to log in

Please correctly re-type the phrase f o o t d o c t o r in the form box. Re-type it without the extra spaces and put the one space where it should be. We apologize for having to do this but this silliness helps slow the spammers.


Additional Options


Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-02-2011, 10:55 PM

    cool, thanks for the response

  • 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM

    Re: Read the owner's manual

    Most of the Euro E34s past 89, left out the plastic cups, instead put a small plastic cover on the top of the jack rail itself. Usually after a couple of uses, this jack rail cover would loosen and fall off and get tossed. I think they were in the same mindset as when they designed the famous "E34 cupholders".
  • 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM

    Re: Read the owner's manual

    I was more or less comparing it to my e36 M3. Underneath the side skirts there are 4(2 on each side) plastic cups to where a hydraulic jack would fit nicely to jack up the car without the chance of marring up the frame or side skirt itself.
  • 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM

    Read the owner's manual

    Should be welded on and part of the car, square hole, stick the
    jack in and crank it up...............with the jack! ...

    If the 4 holes (2 front and 2 back) are missing, you have a really unusual BMW.. May not be all there...
  • 02-25-2011, 09:53 PM

    jack pods.....?

    When I bought my car it never had jack pods....after some searching I haven't found anything about it. Does the car actually equip them and if so anyone know the part number?


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
1e2 Forum