You probably did not screw anything up, but
just disturbed some wiring that was marginal. Extremely prone to damage is the wiring where is goes thru the door to body flex tube. Open and close your door over years will wear things.
Technically if you had a short you'd be blowing fuses, so I'm not sure what you're dealing with.
I think you'll have to do some old fashioned detective work by tracing and inspection the wiring along wherever you can access it. Pay attention to where it flexes obviously. Perhsps even run the car while you flex some wiring to see if you can affect the running.
Take mental notes at least as you explore and report back here with more evidence.