+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 124672 Hedgehog34 is an unknown quantity at this point Hedgehog34's Avatar

Yes | No

used car lemon laws

my question is do lemon laws exist for used cars and if so how do I get information on them. And if not what are my oppsitions.

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©211 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry no lemon laws on used cars.

Some states have statutes protecting buyers of used cars. You'll generally have to use the various tort laws of your state to seek damages. It's tough if it's a "He said, she said" thing. You're going to need some facts if you want to win and the most you're likely to win is a buy back of your car buy the seller.

Registered Member
    Member No: 65794 Squidward is an unknown quantity at this point Squidward's Avatar

Yes | No

Lemon laws apply to any product covered by.....

a warranty, at least that's the case in CA.

AndyR

Yes | No

Re: Sorry no lemon laws on used cars.

Yeah, state lemon laws generally don't cover used cars but I would think you would proceed through contract laws and not tort law concerning used cars.

Registered Member
    Member No: 146437 Richlaw is an unknown quantity at this point Richlaw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: YES, Lemon laws cover used cars!

At least in the state of Florida, Lemon Laws do certainly cover used cars, so long as the requirements for the new car still exists... in other words, if you own a used car, which was originally purchased withiun two years or 24,000 miles of the time of the complaint, and the car is not used for business purposes, you may still be eligible for coverage under the State's Lemon laws.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information