+ Reply to Thread
    jbmason

Yes | No

2003 XJ8 cigarette lighter

Although I am not a smoker, the other day I plugged my cell phone charger cord into the cigarette lighter and found no power. Depressing the lighter into the socket also failed to warm the lighter. Could this be as simple as a fuse? If so, were and which one?

Diablo360

Yes | No

Re: 2003 XJ8 cigarette lighter

Yup it's probably your fuse. The same thing hapened to mine. There is a fuse box in your trunk and also there is one on each side in the back right under the seats, you just pull out the little panel. if i'm not mistaken i think the fuse for the cigarette lighter is located on the drivers side, under the rear seat, but i'm not 100% positive, its been a while. Check your manual, not the green one in your glovebox, but the service manual in the trunk, the one that has all the stuff about the engine and maintenance, it should say in their exactly which fuse you need to replace (the fuse # and its location), also you should have spare fuses in each fuse box, but the trunk one had a few extra for sure, and the little tool to remove/install the fuse.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information