+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 69705 beachred is an unknown quantity at this point beachred's Avatar

Yes | No

2002 525i...Lemon or not?

I have been having a problem with my 2002 525i where there is a constant squealing noise(for about 10 seconds)every time you start the engine during a cold start. The problem has been there since around 12k miles up till now, 35k. Two different dealers (Crevier & Sterling) hasn't been able to permanently fix the problem.

They have replaced my tensioner and drive belts on 3 different occassions, but the problem still persists. My car has been out of service, culminatively, for over 35 days. BMW client services isn't prepared to do anything for me after corresponding with them...seems like they don't seem to give a [Oops!] about my issue. They basically pushed me over to the BBB arbitration program (btw, that program is bogus and baised). Whom do I really complain to at BMW corporate?

I feel like I'm getting the shaft here, considering I purchased $45k+ luxury car. I did get better service when I owned my Acura TL, which I sold in order to get the BMW. I want to contact an Attorney to take the matter to court, but first, I'd like to get some feedback from you

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©211 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't waste your time w/ BBB get a lawyer

You need to get a lawyer in Cali. The lawyers will get your car bought back in just a few minutes. Although they'll charge you as though it took longer. You could also call Crevier management. They are good people. If you lay it out for them and you clearly have a lemon as defined by the law they should be able to buy back the car w/out a problem.

You do have a lemon btw. You've had the same problem for more than a few months and you've repeatedly had the problem w/out resolution. I don't know the Cali laws off the top of my head but I'm sure you meet the qualifications based on your statements.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information