+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toll Bros.

juju

Yes | No

Toll Bros.

I own a Toll Bros. home and was wondering if anybody else is having trouble with their Toll home? Please reply.

juju

Yes | No

Re: Toll Bros.

juju

Yes | No

Toll Bros. problems? Contact 13492 Reasearch BLVD Suite 120 PMB 213 Austin, TX 78750. I know I'm not alone. All info. confidential

Tim Scribner

Yes | No

You are in deep [Oops!], my friend.

I presume your Toll Bros. home was purchased new. While signing all those papers you may not have realized that you might have signed away all your rights for legal recourse. Many new home contracts have a clause specifying that any complaints go to 'mediation' before the Texas Residential Construction Commission. You will have to spend some money and waste a lot of time jumping through hoops to do all the stuff needed to get your complaint heard. Once it gets to the TRCC don't get your hopes up. The TRCC is comprised of mostly builder-friendly folks. They have a very poor record of resolving consumer complaints.

Get yourself a very good lawyer and consider becoming part of a class-action suit.

None of this will get your home fixed.

More info: http://www.texasobserver.org/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1869

juju

Yes | No

Thanks for your advice,but I have an excellent attorney and I will be able to avoid the ususal nonsense and "pass go" and go directly to court. I wish this was not the case,but Toll will not come in and do the job(extensive) properly.

I pays to have a good attorney!

juju

Yes | No

You are right! The laws are usually all for the builder and not for the buyer. It is a disgrace. However, I have an excellent lawyer and Toll has 60 days to reply to our request(clock ticking)and say "yes" to our complaints, or we are off to court!

We already have an interview ready for release with the local media and the bad press will not be good for Toll who has many new developments going up around here.

I do not want this!! I simply refuse to let them skate and continue selling this junk to others as well.

Kd

Yes | No

Hello All.

I am looking to buy a Toll Brothers home and happened to see this thread. Can anyone describe as to what kinds of problems you are having to face in a Toll home. I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks,
    kd

Registered Member
    Member No: 22468 bmwe39us is an unknown quantity at this point bmwe39us's Avatar

Yes | No

good info to know... initially I was

very impressed with what I've seen on their homes, but after seeing this, it's made me reconsider. If you're evern in the market for a new custom home in Denton, let me know.

BMW . e39 . us

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information