+ Reply to Thread
    schiang

Yes | No

Best wax for black cars?

Hi all, I have not waxed my car for almost a year. The last couple of times I brought my car to the dealer for details, but always wonder what kind of wax the dealers used for details. Should I just drop my car at the BMW dealer for details? or should I wax the car myself? What are the best products in the market for keeping a black car looking like new? Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124988 Robert is an unknown quantity at this point Robert's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Best wax for black cars?

I have a black Ford truck, certainly not the quality paint job as others but I have had great results with Mothers Reflections Wax and their straight carnauba Top Coat over that. You probably will need to clay first if you want to do a quality job but I'll defer to others about clay because I haven't had to clay yet. You can take this for what you want but the other day I put an additional coat of Top Coat on the rig and just for fun I misted ever so slightly each panel with Eagle One Wet Spray and Shine
    and then put the Top Coat on while the EOWS was still damp.Let the whole truck haze over and removed with a micro towel. It really gave it some deep depth.

Registered Member
    Member No: 121749 Krakatoa is an unknown quantity at this point Krakatoa's Avatar

Yes | No

If your paint is already in good shape with no heavy swirl marks or hairline scratches or other defects, try this...

1) P21S GEPC (by hand or PC)
    2) 3M Imperial Hand Glaze
    3) 2 coats of P21S wax

that combo will make your car look like a flawless black mirror. There are also many other good products that work very well, but this combo has produced superb results for me on black cars.

Registered Member
    Member No: 121749 Krakatoa is an unknown quantity at this point Krakatoa's Avatar

Yes | No

Also.....you can enhance the results if you clay the car first to remove any embedded contaminants or brake dust :-)

agentf1

Yes | No

Without a doubt Zaino

Without a doubt Zaino. No other product has the optical clarity that zaino does which equates into a crystal clear BLACK BLACK finish. In my opinion carnubas give a very milky finish, some people call this a warm look but I call it milky.

nick

Yes | No

darkening blue paint

the hard top has been restored on my car and the it has been painted dark blue, like my car, except that the roof needs darkening down a bit. Can I use black t cut or black wax to darken it does anyone know?

Robert

Yes | No

The best buffer for black cars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7LsfHJbFM0

Registered Member
    Member No: 17130 shep01 is on a distinguished road shep01's Avatar

Yes | No

do you have a connection to this?....

looks cool. I imagine there is quite a learning curve to get the feel of it. I assume that is a wool roller and to be certain - it generates heat; quickly. Better not lay that roller on there and leave it once it gets going or you will buying someone a new paint job on that panel. I also imagine there is a likelihood that there will be phantom linear holograms remaining from not actually being random. Anything done in a pattern like that will leave a 'tell'. There is a reason why circular, overlapping, motion is always prescribed. The RO, for backyard detailers, solved most of the issues.

topgear

Yes | No

Carnauba always beats the synthetics for a deep

Carnauba always beats the synthetics for a 'deep' shine. However the synthetics will last much longer, but produce a 'plastic' shine.

Registered Member
    Member No: 171534 DetailnDude is an unknown quantity at this point DetailnDude's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: do you have a connection to this?....

That polisher looks inetersting But I have found that I don't need anything more than a high speed,an orbital, and a cyclo. When I watched that video I could just picture quick burns,crazy swirl marks, compound or polish on the ceiling of my shop. I don't see how you could have enough lube ( polish )to not burn without slinging it everywhere.
    Have a Great One !
    Bob Have a Great One !
    Bob

Registered Member
    Member No: 93380 agentf1 is an unknown quantity at this point agentf1's Avatar

Yes | No

Not true anymore.

This is not true anymore. Some synthetics like Zaino for example have come a long way and no longer have that plasticy look which I personally liked.

I have compared Zaino (newer Pro version) to some of the best nuba's in the world and have a hard time telling the difference on properly prepped finishes.

The finish really is 85% in the prep work and 15% what LSP you use.

The statement about synthetics having more durability is 100% true.

Derek

Yes | No

I recommend visiting www.sheengenie.com/carpolish.html
    The what you want in a good wax is something that makes the whole process easy and the results last long. Think about it how often do you wax? Some people do it every weekend because either A, they enjoy it or B, that is how long the paint protection last because of the sun's UV rays melting the wax thus causing dirt and other road chemicals to engrave themselves into the paint's surface and also braking down the gloss.

Sheen Genie not only work on paint it works on metal for 6 months and it's incredibly forgivable so you don't have to worry about if your doing it right and the paint being scratched because it is non abrasive. It also is a creamy smooth liquid so it cleans the paint as well.

Derek

Yes | No

Sorry you want to use the Sealer Glazer as the wax,I have heard of people using the polish and dry buffing it on for a very high gloss finish.

Derek

Yes | No

Also if any of you are looking for an incredible chrome polish Sheen Genie works on that as well.

Stinger9

Yes | No

Can't change paint color with wax.

Registered Member
    Member No: 198743 ILuvDetailing is an unknown quantity at this point ILuvDetailing's Avatar

Yes | No
    Personally I would prefer Klasse twins (2 - 3 coats of the Glaze) and combine it with P21S as the LSP.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 49.144.88.81

User Level 1
    Member No: 198926 flowers92 is an unknown quantity at this point flowers92's Avatar

Yes | No
    "Sorry you want to use the Sealer Glazer as the wax,I have heard of people using the polish and dry buffing it on for a very high gloss finish." does have a very high gloss finish
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 96.231.251.153

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information