+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race seat

MMAN

Yes | No

Race seat

Hey guys.I am trying to decide on a good race seat but am torn between a Cobra evolution and the OMP pista.Any of you guys use either seat and if not can you give me some ideas....Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 61698 osborni is an unknown quantity at this point osborni's Avatar

Yes | No

No idea on those, but suggest you call TC Kline or

Turner or VAC or somebody. My experience is they will spend the time on the phone to help you out.============
    2000 M Coupe
    Metalic Black
    Stock - Saving Money!!!

Austin

Yes | No

Re: Race seat

Recaro Pro Racer series. Only way to go. Has the halo for your neck movement protection, they have a HANS version that accomodates the HANS device with different padding and harness ports. The Cobra, Corbeau etc are cheap in price and composition and usually non FIA/SFI. FIA/SFI means the seat is good for 5 years and is quality enough to not require a seat back brace. I recommend the Recaro to all my customers, and we ONLY sell Recaro. OMP is looking good these days, as is Stand21, but buying safety equipment is something not to shop price or style on.

I recommend Recaro Pro Racer in SPG fiberglass, going with the carbon fiber Pro Racer SPA is great if you're trying to make weight or have an extra budget. They also make an XL version for those over waist size 34. Function function function.

If you can, go for a HANS 20degree tilt and Schroth belts. If you need more info or budget guidelines or general assistance I'm reachable via email.

Austin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information