+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hfritz4

Yes | No

Anybody heard of Longwood Industries?

My M5 is listed for sale and I got a call from Longwood concerning an online ad they will run for me.

The cost is $89.99 and they offer a money back guarantee (less a $10 processing fee) if my car does not sell within 90 days.

I spent $110 to run a classified ad in the LA Times and got exactly zero phone calls in a week, so $90 seems pretty reasonable for 90 days of exposure and a guarantee.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Thanks!

Registered Member
    Member No: 13509 lincoln30 is an unknown quantity at this point lincoln30's Avatar

Yes | No

Run away

I got calls from all sorts of these advertise your car for you services whenever I sell a car. I tried one of these for my CLK55 in 2001 and got zero response from their ads. Car ended up selling from Autotrader within a few weeks for $5K over MSRP, the next car an 01 M3 sold thru the free classified here on Roadfly in 4 days for a very good price. I tried RF for the 02 M5 and got nothing but tirekickers, then I got serious and put it on Autotrader (the $100 ad with 12 pics) and asked a reasonable price ($52K)...it sold in 48 hours, this was 4 weeks ago.
    You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely! - Ogden Nash

atyclb

Yes | No

what are you drving now?

Registered Member
    Member No: 13509 lincoln30 is an unknown quantity at this point lincoln30's Avatar

Yes | No

You're gonna laugh

My 99 Chevy truck :) I'm looking at used 911 cabs and Z8s right now. Will buy a cab as soon as I find the right one. I want a 997S Cab but I'm just not really hot on the idea of spending $100K on a car right now while I'm trying to find a house. If I don't find something soon I'll probably just order an '06 Boxster S and drive that for a few years.
    You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely! - Ogden Nash

Dan

Yes | No

Re: Anybody heard of Longwood Industries?

Hi, i just got the same message the other day. Did they come through for you or was it just a joke? Please email me back. Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 127648 hfritz4 is an unknown quantity at this point hfritz4's Avatar

Yes | No

I still have not made a decision to work with them.

I have now gotten calls from about four of these services and I guess I just do not see what they will do for me that I cannot do myself.

Of course, Longwood has a guarantee (less $10) but I am not entirely clear on how I get the money back if my car is not sold.

In short, I do not believe it is a joke, but I am not totally sold on the potential effectiveness.

Hope this helps.

H

Registered Member
    Member No: 128882 psa is an unknown quantity at this point psa's Avatar

Yes | No

I recently recieved the same call from Longwood...did some searching and ran across their sites....

1. http://www.autohopper.com/

2. http://www.thebiglot.com/

not very impressive at all...I prefer AutoTrader...and the following quote I found is apparently from an individual that tried Longwood...

------------quote---------
    Thebiglot.com aka Longwood Industries Inc. telemarketing rip-off! Roanoke Virginia *UPDATE ..thebiglot.com - Site now says Server is currently busy

Company
    Thebiglot.com - Longwood Industries Inc.
    Address:
    The Big Lot! P.O. Box 1671
    Roanoke Virginia 24008
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number:
    800-430-1956
    Fax:

Received a call from a person stating they saw my ad in a local newspaper of a vehicle I was selling and was told the local newspaper was not a place to sell a vehicle. (This call was picked up by my voice mail and saved) and was promised I would sell the vehicle fast and get the price I was asking.

I returned the call and asked to speak to the gentleman who left the message on my voice mail. I was told by the woman I spoke to that she could help me. I asked several questions concerning their company and told the woman I would check them out and get back with them as I was not ready to spend 89.95 to sell my vehicle.

I checked out the website www.biglot.com and looked at the vehicles listed on their site, specifically the vehicle I was selling. I decided that the site was legitimate and I liked the guarantee and placed an ad online and paid the $89.95.

In the first week I received only 1 email. It was from a scam artist wanting to send me a $7000.00 check and send him the difference of the price of the vehicle. This is the only email I have received as of 08/23/04

I decided to try lowering the price of the vehicle. There is a hit counter on the ad and I noticed that before I reduced the price the counter was at 35. After I lowered the price I noticed the counter went to 295 within 2 hours but still no email. I again lowered the price of the vehicle to a ridiculous price of $1,500 for a 4000.00 vehicle. The hit counter went to over 500 in under an hour and and still no email! I knew something was wrong. I decided to test the "Ask seller a question" link on the ad page. I filled out the form and hit the submit button. I received the following error:

We're sorry, there has been error sending your email to the customer. Please call our
    Customer Service Dept at: 1-800-430-1965 ext.4

I called the customer service and was told they were not aware of an problem but they would look into it. I decided to follow up with an email to their technical support - [email protected] I received an email stating:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
    Delivery to the following recipients failed.
    [email protected]

Link to my ad on www.thebiglot.com - http://www.thebiglot.com/ad_auto.asp?AI=270156&MK=Ford&MD=Taurus&PN=1&YL=19 98&AT=1&#

I tried asking questions on other ads placed on the site but got the same error. I am a sucker :(

Ken
    NORTH PORT, Florida
    U.S.A.

the non-dealer M5s sell well on eBay. SGRAY
    Member No: the non-dealer M5s sell well on eBay. SGRAY's Avatar

Yes | No

If you are stuck, I have noticed that most of

Fafhrd

Yes | No

I am glad that I did some research before I called them back. I also have car for sale in the AutoTrader and recieved a call from "Phillip" with Longwood Industries. I think I will pass...

Thanks...

Green///Machine

Yes | No

LOL... I got a 99 Chevy truck too...

4WD 2500 Crew Cab Fire Engine Red...

Registered Member
    Member No: 72354 hit_apex is an unknown quantity at this point hit_apex's Avatar

Yes | No

Same call last night...

Have a Navigator in AutoTrader - just erased the mesg. Between AT and EBAY your car should sell if priced right. Everybody wants in your pocket these days...
    _____

98 M3 Coupe TiSilber mit Zusatzgeršten

Curious george

Yes | No

Thanks for the great info!!! You have certainly helped someone else out! :)

Stuart

Yes | No

Yes. They called me with the same deal on 8/5/05. I am running a newspaper ad for my 92 Mazda MX-3 V-6. I have only had the ad in the paer for a few days so have not called them back. Anyone sold a car with their help?

DW

Yes | No

This outfit is either bogus or lame.
    They called my with their pitch and I do not and have never had a classified ad to sell my car.

Beware!

Rebecca Carter

Yes | No

They recently contacted me when I listed my Ford Explorer. I haven't called them to find out more... but I have searched the internet and came up with several companies... one IS a not for profit that helps developmentally disabled individuals find employment. Please let me know if you heard anything - OR - if you sold through them.

Thanks!

Rebecca Carter

Yes | No

Please disregard the previous post!

I was finally able to view the board - which I couldn't see before and know now that it's not worth my time to investigate further. If I EVER sell my Explorer - maybe I'll check out an M5! Thanks for the info!

Barbara Schemenauer

Yes | No

I have been receiving calls from Phillip also about my Mustang. I looked online under the autohopper site. I thought it looked and sounded legit, they explained how you get your money back and I spent 50 in the local paper and never received a call. Has anyone done it through autohopper and had positive results?

Linda

Yes | No

Hi I too have had a call from Philip trying to list my Firebird. I didn't list with them as I had the same problem with ABL (American Boat Listing)five years ago. I was trying to sell a boat and got talked into listing with ABL. When I submitted my listing it was posted incorrectly stating only one motor instead of two, missing various amenities,etc. I kept emailing or calling to get them to correct and they never did plus I never got my money back, so I think this Philip from Longwoods is the same type of scam.

KATHY HODGES

Yes | No

I did list my 2000ford mustang with the big lot.. did not get any replys.. Did get my money refuneded after 90 days.. they did refund it to my credit card.was dissapointed that i did not get even one reply...

Registered Member
    Member No: 131046 smalldeleu is an unknown quantity at this point smalldeleu's Avatar

Yes | No

I got the same call from Phillip trying to sell my Jeep. Check out www.ripoffreport.com and search for Longwood Industries. It's totally a scam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information