+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    FD

Yes | No

Re: Anybody heard of Longwood Industries?

Phillip from Longwood should be found and dragged over hot coal just for the headaches he has apparently caused. I'd like to see the hacker community target this scam website and do the world a favor by shutting it down.

Registered Member
    Member No: 131904 legend880 is an unknown quantity at this point legend880's Avatar

Yes | No

I got the same call today, from Phillip. I wanted to check and see what it was all about. Thanks, everybody, for telling us that it was a scam. I need to hear that. I have an old van for sale. I currently have it in the Carlisle Sentinel, if anyone is interested.

Has anyone reported these guys to the authorities?
    JoAnne

Jim K

Yes | No

By the way, I think Phillip is an automated calling system not a real person. I'm not calling back but from the two calls I received, how generic the wording was in the messages and the overall sound of the call I'm pretty sure Phillip is one recording sent to all of us. If the system detects voicemail it automatically kicks out the "Phillip" message. At least that is my semi-educated guess.

SATISFIED

Yes | No

I too received the phone call from someone at longwood industries, called back and received a great explanation of service from a sales rep and decided to give it a try. I actually listed 2 vehicles that I was selling. To my unexpected surprise one of my vehicles sold in just 2 weeks through thebiglot.com. The other unfortunately did not sell but received several calls. I did have to wait until the end of the 90 day period to receive my money back but was refunded everything except for the 10 fee. So I can say this is not a scam they helped me and I would reccomend them to anyone.

Shawn

Yes | No

I just got off the phone with "justin" a Sales rep and was inches from grabbing my credit card. The moment I changed my mind and asked for some references and more time to investigate their company and services was the moment the super high pressure sales came on. He went on to say how he is disappointed that he had wasted my time and how its completely up to me. I was polite for the first few rounds, then I basically said f off.

Anyone that high pressure is bound to be down right difficult to deal with scam or no scam. ..and yes it was 'philip the auto-caller who left the inital Voicemail.

Anyone you uses "google" as a major reference when asked for one is an idiot. Just because I can find your fly by night website using google doesn't make you legit.

I'd steer clear of this one...

Shawn - Ontario - Canada

Resources in my travels:

http://www.complaints.com/july2002/complaintoftheday.july30.39.htm

330i Performance

Yes | No

i have been contacted by these same poeple. also got a call from onestopmotors.com. does anybody have ony info on them. my initial reaction to the phone call and the web research was not a positive one and the fee is 400 clams up front. any adivice?

Rick

Yes | No

I'm glad I read these posts. These guys don't care if it sells. They'll get your $10 bucks for doing nothing even if it doesn't sell.

Internet Fraud

Yes | No

Report all internet fraud here:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Internet Fraud

Yes | No

Report all internet fraud here: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Internet Fraud

Yes | No

Longwood Industries (Big Lot, Autohopper) is a scam. Report it here: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Karen

Yes | No

What do you mean $10.00??? The message they left on my answering
    machine was to place our van for sale on internet for $89.00 and guarantee to sell it or refund money. I didn't call them back.
    It sounded to good to be true. I'm glad I found this message board.
    Thanks everybody!

Registered Member
    Member No: 133906 ggrethen is an unknown quantity at this point ggrethen's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm glad i decided to look up this Longwood Industries! I was thinking of calling them about my vehicle. I got a message from Philip also. Thanks for all the information. I'm glad i didn't return the call.

Craig

Yes | No

Called back and got my '87 hurricane on two websites. Had calls with in a day, and two people come to see it in a week. Not a hoax so far!

dave

Yes | No

I received calls from Phillip after placing an ad on AutoTrader. Longwood looks like a knock off of AutoTrader see their home page info. I checked similar vehichles as to what I am selling on A.T. and found very few on theirs. It seems like Phillip calls all sorts of AT customers to get ad's placed on the sites they rep for.

http://www.longwoodinc.com/

Ken McCoy

Yes | No

I got the same call as most of you but the name they left was Jeff, not Phillip, just so everyone knows. As with everyone else I'm glad I decided to look up LW industries before I called them back. Thanks.

Sandy

Yes | No

I did a little research on Longwood Industries thru the Better Business Bureau. These guys had a lot of complaints over a 30 day period. Basically they do the same thing that autotrader does. You can see their website at www.longwoodinc.com and the Better Business Bureau report at http://www.vabbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=9004961. They look legit but it's up to the you if you want to throw in $89 for another add. I'd wait before I'd go to these guys.

jesse erickson

Yes | No

i sold my car through them back in december, they were really awesome actually. i had an ad in the savannah paper and they called me on it (got 0 serious inquiries through the paper). i waited for the classified to expire and paid the 89 bucks, sold within a month. really nice people too. i was going trying to find their number again to help my girlfriend sell her car when i found this page. it actually makes me kind of sad to see people calling this a rip off because i had such a good experience with them.
    -jesse

Wise

Yes | No

Lower your price.

J. probst

Yes | No

I got my refund from Longwood a lot easier than other web-based services such as McAfee.

Didn't sell my car though...not through them anyhow

J. probst

Yes | No

No sale, but I got my refund with minimal diffficulty, unlike some reports here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information